The purpose of this document (“Data Protection Policy”) is to inform you of how Comfort Keepers® (“the Company”) manages Personal Data (as defined below) which is subject to the Singapore Personal Data Protection Act (No. 26 of 2012) (“the Act”). Please take a moment to read this Data Protection Policy so that you know and understand the purposes for which we collect, use and disclose your Personal Data.
By interacting with us, submitting information to us, signing up for or using our services, you agree and consent to the Company and its representatives or agents (collectively referred to as “Comfort Keepers®”, “us”, “we” or “our”) collecting, using, disclosing and sharing amongst ourselves your Personal Data, and disclosing such Personal Data to our authorised service providers and relevant third parties in the manner set forth in this Data Protection Policy.
This Data Protection Policy supplements but does not supersede nor replace any other consents you may have previously provided to the Company in respect of your Personal Data, and your consents herein are additional to any rights which we may have at law to collect, use or disclose your Personal Data.
Comfort Keepers® may from time to time update this Data Protection Policy to ensure that this Data Protection Policy is consistent with our future developments, industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Subject to your rights at law, you agree to be bound by the prevailing terms of the Data Protection Policy as updated from time to time on our website (https://comfortkeepers.sg/).
1.1 In this Data Protection Policy, “Personal Data” refers to any data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified (a) from that data; or (b) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access, including data in our records as may be updated from time to time.
1.2 Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include (depending on the nature of your interaction with us) your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other forms of interaction with you.
Collection of Personal Data
2.1 Generally, we collect Personal Data in the following ways:
- When you submit any form, including but not limited to application and registration forms;
- When you enter into any agreement or provide other documentation or information in respect of your interactions with us, or when you use or request for or are referred to our services;
- When you are request an assessment or when you interact with our staff and affiliated care providers, via telephone calls (which may be recorded), letters, face-to-face meetings and emails;
- When you use our electronic services, or interact with us or use our services via our websites and app;
- When you request that we contact you or request that you be included in an email or other mailing list;
- When you respond to our initiatives or to any request for additional Personal Data; when you submit an employment application or when you provide documents or information including your resume and/or CVs in connection with any appointment as a care coordinator, nurse, medical care provider or any other position;
- When you are contacted by, and respond to, our staff, representatives and other service providers;
- When we seek information about you and receive your Personal Data in connection with your relationship with us, including for our services or job applications, for example, from healthcare partners, public agencies, your ex-employer, referral intermediaries and the relevant authorities; and/or
- When you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason
2.2 When you browse our website, you generally do so anonymously and we do not, at our website, automatically collect Personal Data unless you provide such information.
2.3 If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
2.4 You should ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us is complete, accurate, true and correct. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the services you have requested.
We realize that choosing in-home care is an important decision. Our professional and trustworthy staff is happy to explain our customizable in-home care options for you and your loved ones’. Leave us a message and we will be in touch!
© 2019 Comfort Keepers®. All Rights Reserved